Tweets of the week: Geraint Thomas Photoshop, Chloe Hosking on roller skates and avoiding friendships with WorldTour riders
Well cycling fans, this is the end of an era.
This edition of Tweets of the Week marks the last time I wrote this prestigious article before I left. Weekly Cycling.
I’ll be giving the speeches and you can hold back your tears, this is only social media after all, so let’s jump right into the online gold you’re here for.
In the last episode of Tweets of the week, we have a questionable Geraint Thomas Photoshop, an in-depth interview with James Shaw, and Chloe Hosking’s ultra-dangerous new hobby.
1. This is the only interview with James Shaw that you have to watch
The most in-depth interview with the latest signing from @EFprocycling @JamesthingyShaw. The audio quality is insane, as is the picture quality and tuning. Of course, everyone is going to retweet that. pic.twitter.com/0TmsSfRzgYOctober 26, 2021
2. That’s why you don’t make friends with the WorldTour pros
So I just took @alexdowsett for a ride in Aguascalientes. He is used to riding at 2000m altitude. I’m not. He was on a TT bike. I was not. He’s a World Tour pro. I’m not. Dude, I had a loooong morning.28 October 2021
3. Discuss what it is like to be superhuman?
4. Find someone who looks at you like Alberto looks at his bike.
5. Driving in North Wales is like …
6. Ellen Noble remembers with emotion the elimination of Marianne Vos at the halfway point
this video still hurts me physically. except now I’m looking at this and I’m wondering how I didn’t break my collarbone. https://t.co/uawGS3RTRLOctober 11, 2021
7. There must be a name for the phenomenon of initiation to rollerblading in your thirties?
8. Ashes teams look a little crazy this year
And to also practice their cricket skills https://t.co/0Mgogb18qh pic.twitter.com/3ntVUgASRj25 October 2021
9. Intermarché is stepping up its game of memes? We approve
“That day the breakaway meta changed. We have discovered the pinnacle, a new level of courage, passion, determination and risk taking that has reached the path to success. pic.twitter.com/9qCEdADzD628 October 2021
10. Speed is clearly part of the Dowsett family
BREAKDOWN! Dowsett records the lowest COA ever recorded before the hour-long record attempt despite wearing a tutu. #hourofbloodsweatandtears pic.twitter.com/iSlGJXW8qqOctober 18, 2021
We’ll be back in seven days with more tweets this week.