How to check the insurance status of your vehicle?
Not sure if your vehicle insurance has expired or is due to expire in the next few months? Here are some ways to keep track of your vehicle insurance!
Don’t worry, even if you have lost your police documents or forgotten your car insurance details, don’t worry. The Internet is a resourceful place that can also help you track vehicle insurance. The process of determining your vehicle’s insurance status through online and offline methods is simple. This car insurance tracking guide brings together everything you need to know about car insurance status tracking. Additionally, bike and car owners will find this guide useful. Let’s go!
Online car insurance check
The process of tracking your car insurance status online is quite simple. The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India has an Insurance Data Repository – IIB. IIB is a web portal that makes it easy to check and track insurance policy details. Here’s how to check online status:
- Step 1: Visit the official IIB website.
- Step 2: The page will ask you for the necessary details like registration number, name etc. Enter these details.
- Step 3: Press Submit.
- Step 4: The policy details associated with your vehicle will now appear.
- Step 5: If you still can’t view the status, you can track your vehicle’s engine and chassis number.
Auto Insurance Check Offline
To check car insurance offline, you can call your insurance company to get the details. You can also contact your connected RTO to find your car insurance information.
Checking bike insurance status online
Checking your bike’s insurance involves much the same process as tracking car insurance status. You can use the same IIB portal to track a bike’s insurance status. Similar to car insurance tracking, you need to enter name, email id, mobile number, vehicle registration number and other details on the IIB portal.
Check bike insurance status offline
There are generally two ways to track your bike’s insurance status offline:
- Visit your respective RTO and inquire with them about the details of insuring your bike. This step is also applicable in case you have encountered an accident.
- Alternatively, you can call the insurer, and they will be able to retrieve all the information relating to the insurance of your bike.
VAHAN e-Services for car insurance status
Vahan is a government-enabled service that lets you track all your vehicle information, not just insurance. Follow these steps to track your vehicle’s insurance status on this portal:
- Step 1: Visit the official Vahan website and select “Know Your Vehicle Details” from the top navigation menu.
- 2nd step: Enter the license plate details and verification code required
- Step 3: Select the option “Find a vehicle”
- Step 4: Now you will be able to see your vehicle’s insurance status and other details.
With these simple methods, you can always stay on track with your car insurance. Tracking your vehicle insurance couldn’t be easier! Share with us if you find an easier way to track car insurance!