Hilton to open dual-brand hotel in downtown Nashville
Hilton announced the signing and paved the way for dual branding Awning by Hilton and Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville Downtown The Gulch, in partnership with Tara Investments.
The 11-story property, which will mark Hilton’s first lifestyle hotel in Nashville, is slated for completion in 2024. The development will feature the city’s first Canopy by Hilton, Hilton’s vibrant lifestyle hotel brand that offers an authentically local experience.
“We are thrilled to bring the Canopy brand to Nashville as part of this fantastic dual-brand concept with Homewood Suites. It’s the perfect location for guests to enjoy our sophisticated and comfortable spaces while exploring the surrounding local neighborhood, which includes everything from energetic music venues to trendy shopping,” said Phil Cordell, Global Brand Manager, Canopy by Hilton and Category Manager, Hilton Lifestyle Brands.
“The hotel’s post-industrial design will serve as a natural extension of the community, connecting guests to The Gulch while allowing them to easily experience the sights and sounds of Music City.”
Ownership of 910 Division Street will be shared by the 181-room Canopy Hotel and the 152-suite Homewood Suites by Hilton hotel, and both properties will be pet-friendly. It will include a 1,785 square foot shared fitness center accessible to guests of both hotels with key access. Each hotel will have its own flexible meeting and event space, with 1,607 square feet at Canopy and 795 square feet at Homewood Suites. The dual-brand hotel, which is the first of its kind in The Gulch area and the first dual-brand Hilton hotel in downtown Nashville, was designed by architectural firm ODA with interior design by Campbell House. The development is led by Tara Investments with its financial partner Goldman Sachs. Construction is being led by Yates Construction.
“We look forward to guests experiencing this upcoming addition to the Canopy by Hilton and Homewood Suites by Hilton portfolio, offering travelers a wonderful lifestyle and all-suite option right in the heart of the bustling Gulch area,” said Rick Colling, Global Brand Manager, Homewood Suites by Hilton.
“This premium extended-stay product will have a little something for everyone – including spacious rooms, welcoming amenities, and elevated food and beverage options.”
The Gulch is a once derelict industrial area that has undergone significant urban revitalization in recent years. The walkable neighborhood features murals by local artists, boutiques, diverse culinary offerings, breweries and more. The twin hotel will be developed on the former site of the community’s beloved Yazoo Brewing Company. The history of the site and the community had an impact on the design of the new hotel.
“We are very proud to strengthen our longstanding partnership with Hilton and welcome this new concept to the Nashville market with the opening of Homewood Suites by Hilton and Canopy by Hilton Nashville Downtown The Gulch,” said Matt Lew, Vice President of Operations, Tara Investments.
“Our mission to provide uncompromising hospitality will make guests and the community feel at home the moment they walk through the door.”
The charm of The Gulch meets the local design of Canopy by Hilton
Canopy Nashville The Gulch will epitomize the neighborhood so guests and locals experience a positively local stay. It will provide a place to relax and rejuvenate with simple, guest-focused service, comfortable spaces, an energizing atmosphere, and thoughtful local choices. Key elements of Canopy by Hilton will include:
- Welcoming atmosphere: Guests will be greeted by an elegant and sculptural reception in an area defined by brass scaffolding and wire mesh screens. The lobby will feature cold rolled steel stairs connecting the second floor meeting spaces and a digital art wall in front of the entrance vestibule. Furnishings throughout the hotel will be modern and relaxed with a neutral palette of fabrics and finishes.
- Elegant rooms: Bedrooms will continue the industrial motif by celebrating everyday materials with sleek details for a modern feel. This includes wood floors and concrete ceilings, custom painted particleboard and a wire mesh bed canopy with denim and leather headboards and a reclaimed metal barn door. Bespoke metal and painted reclaimed wood furnishings — including a closet, wet bar, and desk — will also be included.
- Foods and drinks inspired by the neighborhood: The hotel will offer an authentic dining experience, drawing inspiration from the culture of the community. “Common Place” on the ground floor will serve as a multi-purpose, casual and communicative space for residents to eat, drink and play throughout the day. It will offer a café-bar, a restaurant and a Yazoo refreshment bar to pay homage to the former brewery. “Afterglow – The Rooftop Bar” will be a large indoor/outdoor space that will offer a modern and refined mezcal experience. With stunning views of the downtown skyline, it will offer after-work drinks and an energetic weekend scene thanks to a modern Mexican touch, three outdoor terraces and an agave garden.
- Southern Hospitality Extension: Canopy Enthusiasts (members of the hotel team) will connect guests with the best of The Gulch and can schedule a city tour or suggest a local hidden gem to explore. Guests can also grab a free Canopy Bike and see what the city has to offer.
A comfortable stay, Homewood Suites by Hilton Style
The southern comfort of the dual-brand hotel is also provided by Homewood Suites by Hilton. Offering comfortable accommodations for guests traveling for an extended stay or a short night, the brand offers value-added amenities, such as free breakfast and the services of an upscale hotel.
- Greet guests with breathtaking views: Access to the Homewood Suites by Hilton will be through the Porte Cochere of the Canopy by Hilton Hotel along Overton Street. It will connect the Homewood Suites jump hall to the ground floor where guests unload their luggage. They will then take an elevator to 10and Ground floor entrance hall designed as a contemporary barn with inverted pitched roofs as sculptural forms. The Sky Lobby will feature sweeping city views, an enclosed garden courtyard and a huge stone fireplace.
- The comfort of home: The spacious suites with separate living room and bedroom will be designed as a contemporary cabin with a sloping ceiling and wooden bathrooms. Each suite will also be outfitted with a modern, custom kitchenette and clean-lined furniture in soothing neutral tones.
- An artistic touch from the community: Artwork in public spaces will feature landscapes and scenes from The Gulch and Nashville. The artwork for the suites will be inspired by the musical connection to Nashville.
Canopy by Hilton and Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville Downtown The Gulch will participate in Hilton Honors, the guest loyalty program for Hilton’s world-class portfolio of 18 distinct hotel brands that has nearly 128 million members. Members who book direct will have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose almost any combination of points and cash to book a stay, exclusive member discounts, login Free standard Wi-Fi and access to the Hilton Honors mobile app.